Looking for a plant based main for your meal plan but unsure where to start? Try these sweet and just spicy enough Tofu Rice bowls out!
1 Package Firm Soy Tofu
1 Cup Rice - prepared
2/3 Green Onions, Greens Divided and Chopped
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
½ C Moons Gojang Sauce
¼ C Vegetable (or other neutral) oil
- Cook your rice how you like best (this recipe is also great with leftovers!)
- Remove Tofu from packaging and wrap with kitchen towel. Put on a cutting board and place a large heavy pot on top to press out as much moisture as possible.
- While tofu drains, slice your green onions, separating white and green pieces.
- Slice the tofu into equal squares, then toss with 2 TBSP Corn Starch in a bowl or ziplock bag.
- Put a large Skillet or Dutch Oven over Medium Heat, adding 2 TBSP neutral oil (vegetable, canola or grape-seed)
- When oil shimmers, and working in batches, fry all sides of tofu until it is golden brown. Keep an eye on oil, adding as needed to keep the pan bottom covered.
- In a non-stick pan add a little more oil (≈2 tsp) over medium heat. Toss white parts of the green onion for 2 min, then add 1/2C of the Moons Gojang Sauce. Lower heat and stir to combine.
- Toss fried tofu in warm sauce, then serve over rice, garnishing with the green parts of the onions. Enjoy!