Cooking a Spatchcock Chicken over top of potatoes give you delicious, schmaltzy flavouring and an easy weeknight win!
1 Lepp’s Pre-seasoned Spatchcock Chicken
3-4 Good sized Red Potatoes (about 1 per person)
2-3 Cloves of Garlic
2-3 Sprigs Rosemary or thyme
- Turn on the oven to 400° with a rack in he middle of the oven (or heat the BBQ, indirect heat to 400)
- Quarter your potatoes, toss with 1TBSP olive oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Put a heavy bottom oven proof pan (like a cast iron pan) over medium heat and let it sit for a couple minutes until it is completely hot.
- Pour ≈1 Tbsp of Olive Oil into the pan, carefully coat the entire bottom then pour potatoes into the pan. Arrange Rosemary across the top of the potatoes and carefully place the chicken, breast side up on top of everything
- Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil onto the breast and brush over whole chicken.
- Place Pan in the oven and bake for 45 Min.
- Check after 30 min. If breast is browning too quickly, cover with tinfoil.
- At 45 Min check temperature and remove if you measure 165° in the breast.
- Move Chicken to a cutting board or platter, and divide potatoes into 4-6 portions.
- Carve Chicken at the table and enjoy!