A quick and easy one pot meal that celebrates your favourite sausage!
This meal comes together in 30-45 min and should feed 4 people with a little bit of leftovers!
1 package of your favourite Lepp’s Sausage (≈4 links)
1 medium Onion
1-2 cloves of Garlic
¼ tsp Red Pepper
¼ C OJ or White Wine
1 Coffee Cup of white rice
1 head of Broccoli
1 Tbsp Chicken Better Than Bouillon
2 Coffee Cups of Water
- De-case the sausage and break it into bite size pieces.
- Put a sauce pan with a tight fitting lid over medium/high heat (keep the lid off for now)
- Add ≈1 TBSP of butter or oil and brown the sausage on all sides in batches being sure not to crowd the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Finely dice one medium onion, adding to pan as sausage finishes browning
- Sweat out onions for 3-5 min, then add 1-2 crushed and minced garlic cloves & a pinch of red pepper flakes. Cook for ≈ 1 minute until fragrant (but not browned).
- Add 1/4C white wine or the juice of 1 orange (reserve some orange zest if using) and cook until evaporated
- Fill a Coffee Cup with Rice and toast for a couple of minutes in the sausage/onion mixture
- Grab the same coffee cup and add 2 cups of water and a heaping tablespoon of Better Than Bouillon, chicken, preferably (you can also use the same amount of Chicken stock).
- Stir mixture together and bring to a boil, then put on the lid and reduce heat to low.
- Let cook undisturbed for 10 min. Meanwhile, chop Broccoli into small florets during this time.
- After 10 min, quickly remove the lid, and add broccoli pieces. Return lid and cook for an additional 10 min.
- Remove from heat, stir in Orange zest (if using) and bring pan to the table. Serve with a hot sauce you love, and enjoy!
Did you make this meal? Share it with is @eatgooddaily