This no-fail method gets you perfectly cooked & juicy chicken breasts. Pair it with spring asparagus and you've got a healthy and balanced meal!
2 Lepp’s Chicken Breast
1 bundle of Asparagus
- Turn on the oven to 400° & remove chicken to a plate dabbing with paper towel to dry. Season well on both sides with salt and pepper. Season ahead of time if possible.
- Chop the woody ends off the asparagus, halve the onion and crush the garlic with the side of your knife. Toss the asparagus in a little olive oil and season with S&P.
- Put a heavy bottom oven proof pan (like a cast iron pan) over medium heat and let it sit for a couple minutes until it is completely hot.
Pour ≈2 Tbsp of Olive Oil into the pan, and carefully coat the entire bottom then carefully lay the chicken breasts into the pan and sear untouched for ≈2-3 min.
- Flip the Chicken over and put the lemon in the pan, cut side down, along with your crushed garlic cloves. Cover the chicken with your asparagus and carefully place the pan in the oven (centre or top 3rd rack).
- Set a timer for 20 min. Clean up and set the table.
- After 20 min remove the pan and check the chicken (it should read ≈165°).
- Rest the chicken on a cutting board and using tongs squeeze out the lemon into the pan and toss the asparagus in the lemony juices.
- Serve the chicken sliced with 3-4 stalks of greens per plate. Drizzle any pan juices over the chicken. Enjoy!
Did you make this meal? Share it with is @eatgooddaily