Is Orzo the best pasta you’ve never cooked? This plant based pasta might just replace spaghetti night!
1 Cup Orzo Pasta
2 Cups white or cremini mushrooms
1 small Yellow Onion
1 TBSP Better Than Bouillon Chicken Stock
3 TBSP unsalted butter
2-3 Cloves of Garlic
2-3 Sprigs Thyme
- Finely Dice your Onion and smash and mince Garlic. Using a vegetable peeler, remove three 1” wide zests from your lemon. Tear mushrooms into equal sized pieces and set aside.
- Put a large Skillet or Dutch Oven over Medium Heat, adding 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Add Onion and soften for 3-5 Min. Add ⅔ Garlic and a pinch of Red Pepper, cook for another minute or so.
- Add Orzo and Lemon Zests, and mixing with a wooden to toast with onion mixture.
- Raise heat & add 1 heaping TBSP or Better than Boullion Chicken Stock & 3C of hot water, stirring with a spoon until boiling. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir constantly for ≈15 min while liquids reduce, cooking the orzo.
- Alongside your orzo, bring a second pan to medium heat and add mushrooms to the pan, toasting dry for 2-4 Min unil they begin to brown and become fragrant.
- Add 3 TBSP Butter and remaining garlic, tossing until butter foams and begins to brown. Toss in Thyme leaves and reduce heat.
- Portion out Orzo, then spoon mushroom mixture overtop of bowls
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!