Combining olives, feta, lemon and garlic creates a bright, umami packed pasta that comes together quickly and satisfies every time.Ingredients:
1 Package of shelled Pasta (we love any of the Ingrain options for this!)
1 Package of Green Olives
1 package of Feta in brine
1-2 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Crumble a package of firm Feta with a fork into small pieces and set aside
De-pit (mashing with the side of your Chef’s knife) and roughly chop your olives &Zest ½ of your lemon and grate or finey mince a good sized clove of garlic.
- Bring a large well salted pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, In a non-stick pan, heat 1/4C of olive oil over medium heat.
- When shimmering, add olives, Garlic and lemon zest. Toss for a minute ensuring the your garlic doesn’t burn. Add a good pinch of red pepper flakes and toss for another minute, remove from heat.
- Cook pasta to package instructions for al dente.
- Reserving ≈1C pasta water, move your noodles to a large heatproof bowl with a spider or slotted spoon.
- Dump in your feta and scrap the oil & olive mixture into the bowl. Add ¼ C of pasta water and the juice of your lemon, mix with a large spoon until combined, adding pasta water to get the desired glossy consistency.
- Dish our 4 - 6 portions and serve with more red chilli flakes and fresh group pepper. Enjoy!
Did you make this meal? Share it with is @eatgooddaily