The ultimate cozy comfort food. Bonus points for being a vegetarian meal. Serve with greens or just break open a bag of tortilla chips and your favourite salsa...
1 Small Onion
1 Can Diced Green Chillies
2 Cans Black Beans
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
1 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Wheat Tortillas (we LOVE Hugo's)
Good Hot Sauce for serving (have you tried Bluetop?)
- Mince half a medium Onion and Add to a pan with 1tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Soften for 2-3 min then add a can of green chillis, cooking for a couple min, then adding Garlic and Chilli for 1 min.
- Add 1 TBSP Taco Seasoning, and toast for a min then add one can beans drained, and one can incl liquid + 1/2 C Water.
- Stir and cook over medium low, mashing beans as they soften ≈20-30 Min, until the liquid evaporates.
- Quickly heat your tortillas and then add beans and cheese, wrapping and toasting in a dry pan.
- Serve with hot sauce and enjoy!
Did you make this meal? Share it with is @eatgooddaily